By Adam Nathan
Obtained a superb concept for an app? There’s a bankruptcy for that!
Calling all builders: home windows cellphone 7 is beginning to achieve traction, and the chance is yours to promote the subsequent killer app! one hundred and one home windows telephone 7 Apps is a booklet sequence like no other–best-selling writer and Microsoft developer Adam Nathan walks you thru the method of creating a hundred and one actual, powerful, diversified, and marketplace-certified Silverlight functions. You not just get on-line entry to the total resource code and comparable resources, however the booklet is chock packed with assistance, warnings, and suggestion which could merely come from Adam’s event of writing such a lot of whole purposes and promoting them within the home windows cell Marketplace.
Imagine how lengthy it should take you to advance and attempt 50 apps and what kind of you'll research from the event. instead of spending all that point ranging from scratch, use this publication to hit the floor working! even if you just make beauty alterations to apps during this e-book (for instance, growing kid-themed versions), repurpose apps (such as development a loan calculator in keeping with bankruptcy 10’s tip calculator), or construct whatever thoroughly distinctive, this ebook can drastically speed up your improvement time and assist you create high quality apps. promote your apps within the home windows cell industry and make this ebook pay for itself!
Volume I comprises the 1st 50 apps and covers the following:
* every little thing you must find out about Silverlight
* totally exploiting cellphone beneficial properties equivalent to the applying bar, hardware/software keyboards, multi-touch, accelerometer, microphone, and more
* utilizing wealthy controls equivalent to pivots, panoramas, and controls in unfastened toolkits, similar to date/time pickers, toggle switches, charts, and graphs
* construction your individual customized controls, together with renowned ones lacking from the platform, reminiscent of a checkable record field, multi-select picker field, and colour picker
* greatly acceptable pages, similar to a photo-cropping web page and accelerometer-calibration page
* tips on how to make your app appear and feel like a first-party app
* useful pointers on a variety of subject matters, even buying and developing sound results, utilizing customized fonts, and developing icons
Read Online or Download 101 Windows Phone 7 Apps, Volume 1: Developing Apps 1-50 PDF
Best programming books
Get begun with programming in Excel utilizing visible simple for purposes (VBA)
* expand and increase your Excel spreadsheets utilizing the ability of Macros and VBA programming
* become familiar with the VBA language to create specialist spreadsheets.
* keep on with sensible examples to universal difficulties that you'll end up utilizing time and time again.
Do you could have repetitive initiatives that you'd wish to eliminate for solid? do you want to combine workplace functions in an effort to streamline a few of your initiatives? Then glance no additional. This compact booklet gives you the data to get your VBA programming off the floor and as much as a comfy cruising speed.
"Excel Programming with VBA Starter" was once born out of the necessity to have a quick, yet but all-encompassing ebook that may provide you with a high-quality starting place in programming with visible easy for purposes. This publication will aid you harness the facility of VBA in Excel and placed it to solid use during the process your operating day.
Can't locate houses and strategies of an item? Don't comprehend what a estate, process or item is? masking easy and complicated themes, create robust, reusable examples reminiscent of IO, making a choice on documents from inside of Excel and instantly attaching them to e-mails. research and use the concept that of encapsulation to condense code into bite-size how to be simply accessed from inside of your tasks, plus a lot more.
What you'll study from this booklet
* start with recording and play macros
* learn how to use sub exercises, with and with no arguments
* Create user-defined services (UDFs)
* paintings with loops and successfully debug your code
* Use UDFs to explain arguments, create customized different types and extra
* Reference exterior libraries and use them on your undertaking
* application interplay and sharing with different place of work purposes
* learn how to paintings with enumeration
* Use complex positive aspects and paintings with home windows APIs
* Create periods and conceal away advanced code
JS#12 it is a starter consultant, protecting the fundamentals you must wake up and operating as fast as possible.
Who this e-book is written for
This ebook is written for clients of Excel who are looking to accelerate and streamline quite often laborious initiatives for max productivity.
In case you have an primary (and most likely object-oriented) programming history, this hands-on e-book will advisor you thru the alien international of sensible programming. writer Joshua Backfield starts slowly through displaying you the way to use the main helpful implementation ideas prior to taking you extra into functional-style recommendations and practices.
Human carrier programming has been the focal point of a lot public scrutiny, legislative motion, and utilized learn lately. consequently, human carrier companies have discovered to show better recognize for the desires and felony rights in their shoppers, the appropriateness and value effectiveness of therapy methods and repair courses, and the according to sonnel and amenities fascinated about delivering companies to shoppers.
Extra resources for 101 Windows Phone 7 Apps, Volume 1: Developing Apps 1-50
Otherwise, your users chosen theme. ) in order to see what time it is. demonstrates what they look like for both user themes (light and dark). These resources not only contain individual colors, brushes, fonts, font sizes, and thicknesses (for borders and margins/padding) but also contain a bunch of styles for text blocks that package individual resources together. The resources used by this initial page are ➔ PhoneFontFamilyNormal—Segoe WP ➔ PhoneFontSizeNormal—20 px (15 pt) ➔ PhoneForegroundBrush—A solid color brush that is white in the dark theme and black in the light theme ➔ PhoneTextNormalStyle—The previous three resources combined: a FontFamily of PhoneFontFamilyNormal, FontSize of PhoneFontSizeNormal, and Foreground of PhoneForegroundBrush ➔ PhoneTextTitle1Style—A FontFamily of PhoneFontFamilySemiLight (Segoe WP Semilight), FontSize of PhoneFontSizeExtraExtraLarge (72 px, which is 54 pt), and Foreground of PhoneForegroundBrush.
Xml is the list of capabilities inside the Capabilities element. These are special permissions for actions that users might not want certain apps to perform, whether for privacy concerns or concerns about data usage charges. The Visual Studio-generated manifest requests all available capabilities. You can restrict this list to test what happens when your app tries to perform an action for which it does not have permission, but that’s a moot point. With one exception described later, the marketplace certification process automatically detects what capabilities your app needs and overwrites your list in the application manifest with the minimal set of required capabilities.
However, for some apps—such as Flashlight—using additional menu items is better than many alternatives. info 43 Chapter 2 44 FLASHLIGHT Creating Button Icons Icons for application bar buttons should be all white with a transparent background. ) The image file should be 48x48, although the drawing inside should approximately fit in a 22x22 area in the center (leaving a 13-pixel margin on all sides). The drawing should be composed of simple geometric shapes and be recognizable without further explanation.
101 Windows Phone 7 Apps, Volume 1: Developing Apps 1-50 by Adam Nathan